- Planking. Three times every single night for as long as you can. You will feel VERY sore after this.
- Diaphragm Training - 'Hahahaha. Hee hee hee' tummy goes IN when you sing. Tummy muscles not poo muscles. Do the Ha and Hee excersises 50 times every single night.
- Projecting your voice by humming ('ng' palate in your mouth) and hitting further and further away. You will know when you are projecting when your lips tingle so much you cannot stand it.
- Interval Training.
- Chest voice video
- Practise number 3. in sight reading (below).
- What time signature is 'C' time?
- How many bars is it?
- What are the two lines at the beginning and the end of the bars?
- Be ready to clap this out for next week's lesson.
- Stand against wall and push head to tiurn on the muscles than anchor the back of the neck.
- Crying kitten...a way of pulling the vocal chords together for top notes. Little, gentle and often.
- Hee, hee, heee, hah, hah, hah. Keep on with the planks too.
- Whining 'Mummy! I want some sweeties!'
- Diaphragm. Continue doing exersises lying down to help isolate diaphragm. You are firing it well!
- Tapping out sheet music below (1st line only)
- Use videos on RESOURCE page. Paricularly the video on INTERVALS.
- Choose which songs you would like to perform for the examination. Listen to the youtube videos theough the resource page.
- Singing to 'ng' (suNG) or 'roll' (tongue roll)
- Practice preparing for for singing with posture. Chest to ceiling. Head separated from body (anchoring the bck of the neck).
- Practice intervals. Major 2nd and Major 3rd.
- Practice coming down onto note (frog on lily pad)
- Practice some arpeggios (just google and do some simple youtube ones)
- Remember to always be using diaphragm when you are singing. Don't forget. :)